Sunday, November 1, 2009

Made for Heaven


...I heard the news that my sister, Rachel is baptized today. :)

...My roommate's sister-in-law just had a baby girl this morning at 2am.

...A family's friend's mother just passed away last Wednesday evening.

All that makes this person reflect on Isaiah 5 & 6.

My grandmother, Ethel Chell, who passed away in July of 2006, she wrote a note several years ago, inspired by Isaiah 5 & 6, and I still kept the note, "When Jesus comes, then shall the eyes of the blind be open. And the ears of [deaf] Chelsea shall be unstopped. Then shall Ruth and Lila leap as the deer and the dumb shall sing. Isaiah 5 and 6."

I was inspired by that, and I recall the quote I saw last year, "I find in myself desires which nothing in this earth can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world." - C.S. Lewis.

Oddly, on the back of the note from Grandma Ethel, she scribbled, "another time."

With baptism, Rachel is proclaiming her faith right now, a newborn baby will demand all her parents' attention right now, the grieving family and friends will gather right now to remember their loved one, and make memories with each other right now.

Make memories right now, avoid the phrase, "another time".

No comments: